The Library has a well-rounded collection of materials. These items are available both in-house and (except for some reference materials) for check out.
Available to the public are:
- Books (including large print)
- Books required in Prairie View’s Accelerated Reading program
- Periodicals (Newspapers, Magazines)
- Audio Books on CDs
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Cake Pans
- Wednesdays from 10:00-11:00
- All Preschool and Elementary ages welcome!!
- Come sing, dance, read and do activities with us!
- Parents/caregivers are welcome to stay.
Reading Rewards Program
- Children of all ages can enter to win prizes!
- Children (or parents) can fill out an entry ticket for each book they read (or have read to them)!
- Each Friday a name will be drawn to win a prize!
- The more they read, the more chances to win!!
Summer Reading Program
- Each summer the library hosts a summer reading program!
- More details will be put out each year regarding dates, times, age ranges and a New Summer Theme on our blog page.
Personal Computers and Internet Access
Public access to the Internet is provided. Users must sign in at the desk to use a computer.
Minors must have a permission card signed by parents on file in order to use the Internet.
Wireless Internet Access
We have FREE Public Wi-Fi available 24-7 for our wireless patrons.
Vision Impaired Help
We have an i-Zoom Screen Magnifier and Reader for using on the computer screens.
Ask the librarian to install the thumb drive with the software.
We have Interlibrary Loan services through Southeast Kansas Library System in Iola. We can borrow most all, but the newest of items. You
may order: books, videos, audio books, and materials for the blind and disabled.
Available for $0.25 per sheet.
Available for .10 per sheet.
Notary Public service available at no charge.
Moran Public Library
P.O.Box 186 (mailing address)
308 N. Spruce St.
Moran, Kansas 66755
► Library Hours
Tuesday: 2:00 - 6:30
Wednesday: 2:00 - 6:30
Thursday: 4:30 - 8:00
Friday: 2:00 - 5:30